In this post you will get the information about how to automate our home appliances using some small electronic devices with less cost in step by step procedure.
Hardware Required :
- Android mobile phone with ‘BT voice control for Arduino‘ application.
- Arduino Uno R3 (Note: A prototype can also be used)
- 5V 1 Channel Relay Board (Note : If you want to control many home appliances then you can connect multi-channel relay board)
- HC – 05 Bluetooth Module
- Home Appliance
- 9V Battery
Software Required :
Circuit Diagram :
Step by Step Procedure :
- From your 230V main supply to the phase terminal connect one end of your home appliances.
- From the other end of your home appliance connect to the NO pin of Relay.
- From the 230V Neutral supply give connection to C pin of Relay.
- Now the Data pin from the Relay is given to any one of the digital pins of the Arduino UNO (Except 0 & 1 Pins).
- The + & – pins of the relay are given to +3.3V & GND pins of Arduino UNO respectively.
- From +5V & GND pins of Arduino give connections to HC – 05 +5V & GND pins respectively.
- The TX & RX pins of HC – 05 are connected to RX & TX pins of Arduino respectively.
- Write the program, according to our need & dump it into Arduino board.
- If you want to give separate power supply to Arduino you can remove the USB cable and connect the 9V battery to the Arduino using battery cap.
- Connect your mobile’s BT voice control for Android application with HC – 05.
- Default password to connect them is ‘1234’ or ‘0000’.
- Then after connection, give your voice commands according to the commands written in the program to control your apparatus. (For example, in the program, we had given ‘light on’ command to make digital pin 13 high in Arduino similarly ‘light off’ command to make digital pin 13 low)
Please take care while using power supplies, mainly be cautious while giving 230V AC supply. Be in a position of 0% Risk.
So, by following this procedure you can control your home appliances easily.
Hope you understood this experiment, if you have any queries you can raise them in the comment box.
You can discuss about this experiment in our discussion forum to get better views and advancements regarding this from different minds.
I shared the knowledge what I have with you & now it’s your turn. Now you know about this topic, so you share with your communities to spread the knowledge to every nook & corner.